Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Favorite Boston DJs (Part 2)

From all the notes I got on my first list from DJs that didn't make my list, you would think I was president of all DJs! Some people were lightweight upset that they didn't make the cut. Well, obviously I can't cosign everyone. And honestly, there are a lot of DJs that are working consistently that I don't think are that great, but that is my opinion. If you have a fan base, if you consistently get people to come to your events, you promote yourself effectively and you consistently get hired for gigs, it doesn't make a difference what I think, because you are doing what you need to do to get money.

So I want the DJs that feel they should be on my list to write a paragraph in my comments section similar to what I wrote about myself. What makes you a good DJ? What makes you unique? What is your history? Why should a promoter hire you? Like I said, this list is my opinion of great DJs, but I'm not the final judge and jury on DJs. I do respect the people who value my opinion, however.

I do have another list of DJs I like to listen to, but I didn't want my post to be too long (plus I have to get to my own gig). I do have to mention Dru Nyce, T. Clark and Che Boogie. All I enjoy listening to, and I'll give them the proper respect later.

No comments: