Monday, April 27, 2009

BeasWax Shine Alliance

This is my small contribution to the acceleration of Boston/New England music artists.

Artists (Hip-Hop, R&B, Dancehall and Dance/House)
Send MP3s of your music to: BeasWaxAudio@gmail.com, and I'll send it to the distribution list. I will not pick and choose what I like and send that out. The power of this list is to let the alliance decide what's hot. Send Clean, Dirty, Instrumental and Acappella versions. Why? You don't want to give someone a reason not to play your music. You never know who is going to listen to your track, like it, but decide it's too much work to bleep, reverse or edit the swears out of the dirty version. Plus with the Instrumental and Acappella, you give DJs tools to be creative with your music. If you don't have all versions, send what you have.

DJs (Club, Radio & Mixtape)
Send an email to BeasWaxAudio@gmail.com with "BEASWAX SHINE ALLIANCE DJ" in the subject line (all caps). I'll put you on the distribution list. Then when I get something, I'll pass it on to you. No one will be turned down. Here is the major thing… WE NEED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW WE ARE PLAYING A CERTAIN SONG. This is what will make this work. If we are going to make the nation stand up and look at Boston, we need to show our support for our artists. So I'll make it really easy. Just send an email to BeasWaxAudio@gmail.com saying the name of the song, if you are playing it and where you are playing it at (which club, what radio show, what mixtape/podcast). That's it. I'll compile the results and send a weekly blast giving you the tally.

This is a free service. I am not competing with the excellent promotion services that work your music worldwide and have connection all over the industry (Indi-Pro and Showoff Promotions are two Boston groups that get it in). As my boy DJ Kut (Power 105.1/NYC) says, "I'm Not A Record Promoter, I'm Just Sharing Music With The DJ's!"

1 comment:

Joy Ryde said...

This is what Boston has been needing for a long time.