Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Comforter Speaks… or A Whole Bunch Of Quotes

I joke that I have a reality radio show called The Comforter, where I talk to my female friends about their relationship issues. Sometimes I tell them what they need to hear, sometimes I tell them what they want to hear and sometimes I don't want to hear it. In the course of talking I come up with statements that speak to reoccurring themes with my friends. If you read something that resonates with you, please take it and run with it. At some point, each of these quotes will be a blog post of their own.

  1. Relationships are easy, people make them hard.
  2. We are so busy trying to figure out what's wrong with a person rather than looking for what's right.
  3. Trust that the person whose hands you are putting your heart into has your best interests at heart. That trust goes both ways, ladies and gentlemen. 
  4. Many of the problems people have in relationships are the expectations we place on each other.
  5. Find the person who is already the person you want them to be instead of trying to make that person into what you want them to be.
  6. Don't be afraid to be alone… your self-worth is not tied into having a mate.
  7. Be the right person instead of looking for the right person.
  8. When a person shows you that they are trifling, and you continue to deal with them, you have no right to complain, because you chose to still deal with them.
  9. Look for an amazing person who thinks you are amazing.
  10. If you are doing what you need to be do in a relationship, you have no need to worry about your other half cheating.

 

 

Posted via email from nineteen degrees

No comments: