Monday, August 17, 2009

Advanced Dance Therapy #9 (The PollyEsthers Edition)

Many people already know my resume. Program director and afternoon personality at WILD-FM in Boston and Hot 102.9 in Dayton, OH. Nationally syndicated mixshow DJ with Superadio. Midday personality and mixer for Hot 97.7 in Boston. Touring performance DJ with past residencies in almost all the major New England nightclubs.

But do you remember my 3 year stint at PollyEsthers/The DancePlex in Boston from 1999 to 2002?

When I say I'm the most versatile DJ in New England, I'm not kidding. I worked at PollyEsthers playing Funk, Disco, Classic Rock & New Wave for a 99% white crowd between the ages of 25-50. At one point in 2000, while at PollyEsthers I was also doing mixshows on Hot 97.7 playing Hip-Hop, R&B and Reggae for blacks 18-34; Jovan's in Providence, RI, playing R&B, Old School and Hip-Hop to a 95% 25 plus black crowd; and the Charlie Horse playing Top-40/ Dance/90s Hip-Hop for a 85% young white crowd. Mind you, this is well before Serato Scratch Live!

I've always had a incredibly wide range of musical tastes, so for me to hop around to different clubs and play to their crowd, whether white, black or mixed, is nothing. Plus I'm blessed with the ability to put together hit songs that don't seem to go together, so the new Open Format/mashup format that has come out is completely up my alley.

This mix was inspired by DJ Chachi, who I heard spinning at Shrine at the MGM Grand in Foxwoods. The way he had those bachelorette parties screaming was impressive! I love listening to other touring performance DJs, because I always pickup new ideas that I can incorporate into my own style. Once I made the the mix, I realized that this is what I would have been playing at Pollyesthers/The DancePlex if it was still around in 2009!

Download, enjoy, subscribe... and share with your friends!

Reggie

P.S. Playlist below...


http://advanceddancetherapy.podOmatic.com/entry/2009-08-17T07_43_12-07_00

The Incredible DJ Reggie Beas

Recording of live StickAM.com broadcast
Mixed August 17th, 2009

Bookings: ReggieBeas@aol.com | 617.354.5164 | facebook.com/ReggieBeas

1. Everybody Everybody - Black Box
2. Soul Man - Blues Brothers
3. Time - Culture Club
4. Twilight Zone - Golden Earring
5. Axel F - Harold Faltermeyer
6. Don't You Want Me - Human League
7. Sexyback - Justin Timberlake
8. The Pleasure Principle - Janet Jackson
9. Just Got Paid - Johnny Kemp
10. Dangerous f/Akon - Kardinal Offishall
11. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
12. Holiday - Madonna
13. Lucky Star - Madonna
14. Dr. Beat - Miami Sound Machine
15. I Wanna Be Your Lover - Prince
16. Peg - Steely Dan
17. Good Day Sunshine - The Beatles
18. Every Breath You Take - The Police
19. Nasty Girl - Vanity 6
20. Funky Cold Medina - Young MC
21. Touch Me (All Night Long) - Cathy Dennis
22. Le Freak - Chic
23. Double Dutch Bus - Frankie Smith
24. Boogie Nights - Heatwave
25. Celebration - Kool & The Gang
26. Thriller - Michael Jackson
27. Ay Chico (Lengua Afuera) - Pitbull
28. Get On The Dance Floor (Danny D Remix) - Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
29. Maria - TKA
30. Hit The Floor Ft. Pitbull - Twista
31. Smack That f/Eminem - Akon
32. Stand By Me - Ben E. King
33. Strike It Up - Black Box
34. Treat 'Em Right - Chubb Rock
35. Lose My Breath - Destiny's Child
36. Poker Face - Lady Gaga
37. Together Forever - Lisette Melendez
38. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
39. 1999 - Prince
40. Give It To Me Baby - Rick James
41. The Roof Is On Fire - Rockmaster Scott
42. Because Of You - The Cover Girls
43. When I Grow Up - The Pussycat Dolls
44. Jungle Love - The Time
45. Teenage Wasteland - The Who
46. I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
47. Always Coca-Cola - <unknown artist>
48. The Look Of Love (Part One) - ABC
49. Jump To It - Aretha Franklin
50. Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
51. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
52. Girls On The Dance Floor - Far East Movement
53. Girls On The Dance Floor Remix f/Fatman Scoop - Far East Movement
54. Don't Stop The Rock - Freestylers
55. Now That We've Found Love - Heavy D
56. Birthday Sex (Roy Barboza RMX) - Jeremih
57. Control Myself f/Jennifer Lopez - LL Cool J
58. Girl Can't Help It - LMFAO
59. Good Vibrations - Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch
60. Oochie Coochie - MC Brains

Posted via web from Reggie Beas' BeasWaxUSA

No comments: