Monday, March 9, 2009

Kings And Queens Sundays Playlist-February 8th, 2009

It is 2:50 in the morning, I just got home from spinning for 7 (yes, SEVEN) hours at my night, Kings And Queens Sundays, and I am so hyped! I have to say this is the most fun I've had spinning since my 20 year college reunion party I spun at Oberlin College last year. You have to check the playlist, because you will not believe some of the stuff I played.

And the coolest thing that happened was that around 11:30 a private party came to the club. Our targeted crowd was still there, but starting to thin out, so I started playing songs that were crossover songs… songs Black folks know, but don't want anyone to know that they know! David Bowie, Culture Club, J. Geils Band, Madonna… then I decided I have another 30 minutes, so let's go all out with the Dance stuff.

There are only about 3 DJs in Boston that I know of that can go that deep, for that long, and keep everybody in the building happy, and can still flip it and play all current and new music… Chubby Chub, Gee Spin, myself. And what's crazy is I only repeated about 20-25% of the songs from last week! Not to mention that most of the stuff from my Lost Classics podcast I did NOT play (25Plus.podOmatic.com).

Enough talking… I need to go to bed! I did record half the night, so I'll be posting the mixes up tomorrow. In the meantime, here is the playlist! The Valentine's Day Edition of Kings And Queens Sunday is in full effect… make your plans now to be there. OM Lounge, 92 Winthrop Street, Cambridge, MA (Harvard Square) 6pm until whenever the hell we feel like leaving!

Reggie Beas

1. Tonight Is The Night - Betty Wright
2. Summer Rain - Carl Thomas
3. Games - Chuckii Booker
4. Love's Train - Con Funk Shun
5. I Adore You - Caron Wheeler
6. Find A Way - Dwele
7. Hold On - En Vogue
8. Mister Magic - Grover Washington, Jr.
9. Living For The Love Of You - Isley Brothers
10. I'm Caught Up (In A One Night Love Affair) 12''Rmx - Inner Life f/Jocelyn Brown
11. Back Together Again (f/Donny Hathaway) - Roberta Flack
12. Give Me The Night - George Benson
13. Single Life - Cameo
14. (Everytime I Turn Around) Back In Love Again - L.T.D.
15. I'm Dreamin' - Christopher Williams
16. The Rain - Oran "Juice" Jones
17. Spotlight - Jennifer Hudson
18. Magic (CLEAN) - Robin Thicke
19. Shine - Luther Vandross
20. I Wasn't Kidding (Clean) - Angie Stone
21. Gimme (Give Me) - Jill Scott
22. Bust Your Windows - Jazmine Sullivan
23. Green Light - Beyonce
24. Don't Mess With My Man - Lucy Pearl
25. Betcha'll Never Find - Chantay Savage
26. After Party (Dirty) - Koffee Brown
27. Don't Talk (Clean) - Jon B
28. Keep On Walkin' - Ce Ce Peniston
29. I Like The Way (Kissing Game) - Hi-Five
30. Groove Thang - Zhane
31. Boogie 2Nite - Tweet
32. Good Time (Pete Rock Remix) - Leela James
33. Superstition - Stevie Wonder
34. Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
35. I Wish - Stevie Wonder
36. That Girl - Stevie Wonder
37. As (Always) - Stevie Wonder
38. Before I Let You Go - Maze Feat. Frankie Beverly
39. Cutie Pie - One Way
40. Dazz - Brick
41. More Bounce To The Ounce - Zapp & Roger
42. Flash Light (12" version) - Parliament
43. Funkin' For Jamaica - Tom Browne
44. Respect Yourself - The Staple Singers
45. (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love - L.T.D.
46. Never Too Much - Luther Vandross
47. Candy - Cameo
48. Set It Off - Strafe
49. Hot Music - Soho
50. Can You Feel It (Martin Luther King Jr. Remix) - Mr. Fingers
51. Just Fine - Mary J. Blige
52. Lettin Go - Janelle MonĂ¡e
53. Love That Girl (So Sweet And Tender) - Raphael Saadiq
54. Suavemente - Elvis Crespo
55. Teddy's Jam - Guy
56. Groove Me - Guy
57. I Like - Guy
58. I Want Her - Keith Sweat
59. Remember The Time - Michael Jackson
60. Slide - Slave f/Steve Arrington
61. Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll - Vaughn Mason
62. Good Times (Extended Version) - Chic
63. We Are Family - Sister Sledge
64. All I Do - Stevie Wonder
65. Nasty Girl - Vanity 6
66. Erotic City (DIRTY) - Prince
67. The Glamorous Life - Sheila E.
68. Oh Sheila - Ready For The World
69. The Bird - The Time
70. There But For The Grace Of God (Extended Mix) - Machine
71. Super Freak - Rick James
72. Shake Your Pants - Cameo
73. Cha Cha Slide (perculator funkymix) - Mr. C The Slide Man
74. Cupid Shuffle (Clean Remix ft. DJ UNK, Fabo) - Cupid
75. Award Tour (Dirty) - A Tribe Called Quest
76. Check The Rhime - A Tribe Called Quest
77. Can I Kick It? - A Tribe Called Quest
78. Hot Sex - A Tribe Called Quest
79. Buddy (12'' Remix) (Clean) f/Jungle Brothers, Queen Latifah & Monie Love - A Tribe Called Quest
80. Scenario (Dirty-Quick Edit At End) - A Tribe Called Quest
81. Life (Is What You Make It) - Frighty & Colonel Mite
82. Old Dog (Stink Riddim) - Beenie Man
83. Walk Like A Champion - Buju Banton
84. (punany riddim) Hot Gal Today f/Mr. Vegas - Sean Paul
85. (PUNANY RIDDIM) Caan Dun - Shabba Ranks
86. Dickie - Buju Banton
87. Memories - Beenie Man
88. Pose Off Riddim - Hot This Year - Dirtsman
89. Twice My Age f/Krystal - Shabba Ranks
90. Action - Terror Fabulous (Featuring Nadine Salinger)
91. Murder She Wrote - Chaka Demus & Pliers
92. Bam Bam - Pliers
93. Doin It (Dirty) - LL Cool J
94. One More Chance (Remix) - The Notorious B.I.G.
95. Summertime (dj jazzy jeff's mix) - DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
96. You're All I Need f/Mary J Blige - Method Man
97. Step In The Name Of Love (Short Version) - R. Kelly
98. The Payback - James Brown
99. I'll Take You There - The Staple Singers
100. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
101. Sensitivity - Ralph Tresvant
102. If It Isn't Love - New Edition
103. Candy Girl - New Edition
104. Every Little Step - Bobby Brown
105. Don't Be Cruel - Bobby Brown
106. Do Me - Bell Biv Devoe
107. Rub You The Right Way (Remix f/CL Smooth) - Johnny Gill
108. Just Got Paid (Friday Night) - Johnny Kemp
109. The Breaks - Kurtis Blow
110. It Takes Two - Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
111. Me Myself and I - De La Soul
112. C'mon Baby f/The Flip Squad - FunkMaster Flex
113. Treat Me Right - Chubb Rock
114. Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody - Kid N' Play
115. Rock With You - Michael Jackson
116. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
117. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
118. Wanna Be Starting Something - Michael Jackson
119. Follow Me - Aly-Us
120. Making Happy (12'' Mix) - Crystal Waters
121. Brighter Days (Goodies Mix f/Dajae) - Cajmere
122. You Used To Salsa (12'' Mix) - Ralphi Rosario f/Xavier Gold
123. beyonce-ft-jay-z-single-ladies-mickboogiemix -
124. I Just Want To Love You (Give It 2 Me) (Clean) - Jay-Z
125. Freaks (f/Doug E. Fresh) - Lil Vicious
126. Take it Easy - Mad Lion
127. Tour (Remix) - Capleton
128. Ghetto Red Hot (Reggae remix) - Super Cat
129. They Want EFX (Original) - Das EFX
130. Don't Believe The Hype - Public Enemy
131. Rock Dis Funky Joint - Poor Righteous Teachers
132. Nobody Beats Tha Biz - Biz Markie
133. Flavor Of The Month - Black Sheep
134. Anything (Old Skool Remix) f/Wu Tang Clan - SWV
135. Real Love (Remix f/The Notorious B.I.G.) - Mary J. Blige
136. Girl You Know It's True - Milli Vanilli
137. You Gots to Chill - EPMD
138. Dwyck (Dirty) Feat. Nice & Smooth - Gang Starr
139. I Know You Got Soul - Eric B and Rakim
140. Peter Piper - Run DMC
141. Jingling Baby (marley marl remix) - LL Cool J
142. Ownlee Eue - Kwame'
143. Let The Beat Hit 'Em (Ultimix) - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
144. Best Of My Love - Emotions
145. Lady Marmalade - Labelle
146. I'm Every Woman - Chaka Kahn
147. I'll Tumble For You - Culture Club
148. Let's Dance - David Bowie
149. Centerfold - J. Geils Band
150. If You Think I'm Sexy - Rod Stewart
151. Breakout - Swing Out Sister
152. Heart Of Glass - Blondie
153. She's A Bad Mama Jama - Carl Carlton
154. Forget Me Nots - Patrice Rushen
155. Deacon Blues - Steely Dan
156. Stand Back (f/Stevie Nicks) - Fleetwood Mac
157. Let The Music Play - Shannon
158. Material Girl - Madonna
159. Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
160. Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
161. Would I Lie To You? - Eurythmics
162. Day 'N' Nite (Crookers Remix) - Kid Cudi
163. Beggin' - Madcon
164. Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now) - Bob Sinclair
165. Lady Gaga vs. Rihanna - Just Disturbia - Lady Gaga & Rhianna
166. Disturbia - Rihanna
167. Sweet Dreams RAVE (Techno Remix) - Eurythmics
168. Low (Clean) - Flo Rida
169. Move Shake Drop (Remix) - DJ Laz
170. I'm the Ish (Dirty) - DJ Class

No comments: