Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I <3 30+

262316_10150224006791765_633801764_7582188_6643197_n
There is a gold star pasted on one date every month on my DJ calendar…the night I spin at 30+. 

30+ is the day Bougie Boston comes out to play. My head is on a swivel trying to take in all the images of beauty around me. I have to give a special shout out to my fellas… I’m always impressed when I see a group of brothas suited up.

I love that the promoter, Marv Jones, wants me to push the envelope on music. Our goal with 30+ each month is to create unique experiences, and music is a HUGE part of that (along with finding new upscale venues). That’s why you’ll hear me play a deep house set… a neo-soul set… a New Jack Swing set… an old school set… I might even do a slow jam set!

And the “right” people get it. They come because it is “not” your average party. They look forward to the one time a month they are guaranteed to socialize with new, like-minded, upscale people.

February’s 30+ event was a lot of fun. Marv found a brilliant new spot for our February 30+ event called Savin Bar & Kitchen in Dorchester. Really sexy spot… ambience was on point, bartenders were excellent, and the appetizers were delicious! I won’t be waiting for the next 30+ event we hold there to make it back… could be my new date spot. ;-) Elan Trotman is dope as a saxophonist… I love having a band rock early before I get on the set. Very few familiar faces… which is a good thing, because that means the 30+ brand is reaching beyond our circle of supporters. A lot of dancing, a lot of conversation, a lot of good times all around.

March’s 30+ event will be held Saturday, March 17th in Central Square in Cambridge in a brand new lounge called Moska… so new that we will be the first major event held in the place. I’m looking forward to checking out the space and getting it ready for the next 30+!

 

Posted via email from nineteen degrees

No comments: