Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Why Reggie Beas Is The Best DJ For Your Event

Feature: 25 years as a professional DJ
 
Benefit to you: I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t. If you as a
promoter have done your job of getting people in the building, I can
read your crowd, get them out of their seats and get them partying. I
learned the ebb and flow of a night. I don’t need to play the top 5
songs in the country at 11pm because I’m afraid I can’t get people on
the dance floor. I’ve learned how to make the bar make more money. I
can push people to the bar without pushing people out the door strictly
by what music I play and when. And I’ve learned when people are having
a good time even when they are not dancing. Sometimes it’s not about
the dance floor, it’s about the interaction, and if people are engaged
in conversation, mixing and mingling, it is my job to provided the
background for their socializing.
 
 
 
Feature: Smooth transitions between song to song
 
Benefit to you: How many times have you heard a DJ whipping through
songs like he get paid per song played? Cutting songs off in the
middle, playing a fast dance song, then a slow hip-hop song, then a
piece of an old school jam, then before you can get on the dance floor,
they switch to a reggae song? It’s not only jarring to dance to, it’s
hard to listen to. Yes, I can speed mix, but there is a method to my
madness. I h
it you with the best part of a song, then cut, blend or
scratch in the next song at the exact right spot of the song to keep
the energy level increasing and the dance floor hot.
 
 
 
Feature: Mastery of the features and tricks of the #1 DJ software,
Serato Scratch Live
 
Benefit to you: Being able to find the next song that fits within the
flow of the night quickly… placing markers where the best parts of the
song are so I can jump to that part… creating loops to extend the
hypest part of the song… all this helps me keep the dance floor packed.
 
 
 
Feature: Radio Program Director, On-Air Personality and Mixshow DJ
 
Benefit to you: I understand the art of programming the music for the
night. Being a program director taught me the ability to make each song
fit the mood of the night. Whether it’s a lounge spot featuring
Neo-Soul or a megaclub featuring mashups, I tailor the music to satisfy
the majority of the crowd.
 
 
 
Feature: over 25,000 songs on hard drive
 
Benefit to you: I feel out your crowd, seeing what they are in the mood
for, then play the songs that they are feeling, instead of playing to a
set playlist. I can go in any direction and be confident that I’m
playing the favorite songs of your crowd.
 
 
 
Bottom Line Benefit to you: My most overwhelming benefit to you, Mr.
Promoter, Senor Manager, Miss Club Owner, is
 I get people to have so
much fun at your club that they want to come back and bring people with
them. It’s that simple. You have a lot of things to worry about in the
running of a club. When you hire me, one thing you never have to worry
about is the DJ.
 
 
 
What I am not: I am not a promoter. Getting people into the club is not
my job. Here is the test a DJ must pass to be great: can that DJ rock
the party without anyone knowing who they are? I understand that many
DJs draw people because of their reputation, but that doesn’t mean they
are the best DJs! A limited few DJs can get people to come to a venue
that hasn’t already established itself as a place to be.
 
 
 
What I am not: I am not a “celebrity” DJ. Being a great DJ is secondary
to the “name” the celebrity brings. Don’t get me wrong, some DJs have
become celebrities, but only a couple have made it that far because of
how hot their parties are. Many have been in the right place at the
right time, had a celebrity hear them play, got put on and now they are
a “celebrity” DJ. I want to become a celebrity DJ the Kid Capri way… he
earned it!
 
 
 
What I am not: I am not a DJ. DJ Jazzy Jeff said it
best… a great DJ can play any style to any crowd. Jeff is one of the
top 3 Hip-Hop DJs
in the world, but has produced some of the smoothest
Neo-Soul and deepest House I’ve ever heard. I heard Funkmaster Flex
play an hour House set on Hot 97 one night, then at the end he cracked
the mic and said “I did that because I can…” and went to commercials!
Classic. Just because I do Old School exceptionally well doesn’t mean I
can’t smash Hip-Hop, I can’t provide a Neo-Soul soundtrack, I can’t get
deep in the vibe of House, I can’t get hands in the air on the Open
Format tip. I am a DJ… period!
 
 
 
 
 
Reggie Beas
 
The Reggie Beas Entertainment Company
 
facebook.com/ReggieBeas
 
twitter.com/ReggieBeas
 
ReggieBeas.blogspot.com
 
myspace.com/ReggieBeas
 
617-354-5164 home
 
 
 
http://stickam.com/ReggieBeas (Live Streaming Video/Audio-check
Facebook for calendar)
 
 
 
http://Soundcloud.com/ReggieBeas (BeasWax Blends/Mashups)
 
 
 
http://LOTOS.podOmatic.com (Classic Hip-Hop and R&B from the 80s, 90s &
2000s)
 
http://25Plus.podOmatic.com (Old
School•R&B•Neo-Soul•Funk•Soul•Disco•House)
 
http://AdvancedDanceTherapy.podOmatic.com (Dance•Top-40•Hip-Hop•Rock)
 
http://ReggieBeas.podOmatic.com (Current Hip-Hop, R&B and Reggae)
 
http://NYChi.podOmatic.com (Deep House)

Posted via email from reggiebeas's posterous

No comments: